There’s a wave coming, and it’s been building in size and intensity for quite some time here in the U.S. No, I’m not talking about Hurricane Zeta that hit the Gulf Coast and left over two million people without power. My heart goes out to the people in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas who have been hit with storm after storm this year — an atmospheric instability brought on by climate change that only a very few still don’t recognize as a legitimate threat to humanity.
But this is #WATWB Friday and I’m supposed to be posting feel good stories, so I’m going to do one better with this “hella catchy” video, as my oldest said, about getting out the vote. Our world suffers greatly from overuse, over consumption, and an overworked planet, wreaking havoc on all species, including humans. Isn’t it time we gave Momma a hand and did our part? Remember, people, there is no Planet B.
My oldest also said something the other day that made me tear up. I can’t recall the exact words because I got all verklempt when she uttered them, so struck was I by their essence, but the gist was: how exciting it is to be part of something so big – a cultural evolution in the making that, hopefully, is gonna turn this world around, making it better for everyone.
To that end — and man, I hope you’re eligible — get out and Actually Vote. If you need some motivation, listen to this hella catchy tune! Go ahead, make it trendy!
It’s the last Friday of the month. Time to share the good news on We Are the World Blogfest — #WATWB — a monthly good news trip around the world. May we all be energized and rejuvenated by the good news.
If you’re interested in joining our Blog Hop, the guidelines are as follows:
1. Keep your post to below 500 words;
2. Link to a human news story on the last Friday of each month that demonstrates love, kindness, humanity, support, open-mindedness, you know, that kind of stuff, but no proselytizing, preaching or inconsiderateness toward others;
3. Post on the last Friday of the month in sharing the good news. No story is too big or small;
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD Badge on your sidebar and help spread the word on social media using the #WATWB hashtag;
5. Read and comment on others’ posts, play nice, and make friends;
6. To sign up, add your link to the WE ARE THE WORLD Linky List below.
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list. This month’s cohosts are:
The idea is to spread #positivity and #light to counterbalance the #negativity and #darkness in #socialmedia these days.
Now quit reading and GO VOTE!!
pam lazos 10.30.20