It’s time again for the We Are the World Blogfest which is ONE YEAR OLD this month! Want to know more about this blogfest? Here are the guidelines for #WATWB:
1. Keep your post to Below 500 words, as much as possible.
2. Link to a human news story on your blog, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Paste in an excerpt and tell us why it touched you. The Link is important, because it actually makes us look through news to find the positive ones to post.
3. No story is too big or small, as long as it Goes Beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD badge or banner on your Post and your Sidebar. Some of you have already done so, this is just a gentle reminder for the others.
5. Help us spread the word on social media. Feel free to tweet, share using the #WATWB hastag to help us trend!
Tweets, Facebook shares, Pins, Instagram, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. We’ll try and follow and share all those who post on the #WATWB hashtag, and we encourage you to do the same.Just click Here to enter their link and join us! Bigger the #WATWB group each month, more the joy!
So, lately it seems like just about everything is under fire. But you know what? There’s always a story to make you feel better. In fact, here are five stories to make even the cynics among us smile. From Mr. Roger’s convincing a cynical Congress to give the neighborhood some public broadcasting money, a teacher who stopped a school shooter with a hug, and a victim who took his attacker to dinner, and a couple in between. Who doesn’t like Mr. Roger’s, after all?