Of all the things that I miss because of the pandemic, it’s hugging my kids. I think it may have been about four months in when I read an article in the NYT’s that convinced me to finally give up and give in to one of the most primal of all human needs: hugging and being hugged. After all, without touch, we are nothing more than isolated individuals concealing our siloed emotions behind our masks. That’s nothing against masks which I believe are imperative to containing the spread of coronavirus.
Since we do practice good mask wearing in public and we’ve all been quarantining for other than for the necessary trips to the grocery or work, and if we breathed in opposite directions, how much danger could there be?
So if you miss hugging your children, your parents, and your friends, check out this article that will give you the skinny on the proper way to do it.
[photo credit Robbin Gheesling/CNN]
And if you’re also like me and have missed getting together with friends for a bit of dinner and nice glass of wine, then check out this article on the return of the little wine door in Florence. You go to the tiny little door, someone slips you a glass of wine or other beverage, and you take it to a table outside to enjoy it, preferably with a few friends. We could use a few of these in the States!
It’s the last Friday of the month. Time to share the good news on We Are the World Blogfest — #WATWB — a monthly good news trip around the world. May we all be energized and rejuvenated by good news because right now, we sure could use it! If you’re interested in joining our Blog Hop, the guidelines are as follows:
1. Keep your post to below 500 words;
2. Link to a human news story on the last Friday of each month that demonstrates love, kindness, humanity, support, open-mindedness, you know, that kind of stuff, but no proselytizing, preaching or inconsiderateness toward others;
3. Post on the last Friday of the month in sharing the good news. No story is too big or small;
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD Badge on your sidebar and help spread the word on social media. Twitter, Facebook, and other social media shares, use the #WATWB hashtag; reposts through the month are most welcome;
5. Read and comment on others’ posts, play nice, and make friends;
6. To sign up, add your link in WE ARE THE WORLD Linky List below.
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list. This month’s cohosts are:
Thanks for reading!
pam lazos — 8.28.20