In Philadelphia this past winter, the total snowfall count was a wafer thin 0.3 inches. While many Philadelphians celebrated the fact that they didn’t have to scrap the snow off their cars there was yet another upside: an uptick in arctic ice! By keeping the frigid air up north, the ice, like the plot, thickened. It’s still the 11th lowest since we’ve been keeping score with 42 years of satellite photos, but at least it’s not the worst, eh?
A small blip of good news and a reason for celebration in a time when there’s very little else to celebrate.
Remember when hunkering down in your house was because of this:
instead of this:
It’s the last Friday of the month. Time to share the good news on We Are the World Blogfest — #WATWB — a monthly good news trip around the world. May we all be energized and rejuvenated by the good news. If you’re interested in joining our Blog Hop, the guidelines are as follows:
1. Keep your post to below 500 words;
2. Link to a human news story on the last Friday of each month that demonstrates love, kindness, humanity, support, open-mindedness, you know, that kind of stuff, but no proselytizing, preaching or inconsiderateness toward others;
3. Post on the last Friday of the month in sharing the good news. No story is too big or small;
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD Badge on your sidebar and help spread the word on social media. Tweets, Facebook shares, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome;
5. Read and comment on others’ posts, play nice, and make friends;
6. To sign up, add your link in WE ARE THE WORLD Linky List below.
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list. This month’s cohosts are:
Thanks for reading.
pam lazos 3.27.20