Single-Use Plastics Ban!
The EU Parliament has approved a single-use plastic law, giving the 28 EU member countries two years to amend their national laws.
The directive bans single-use plastic plates, cutlery, straws, balloon sticks and cotton swabs by 2021. It sets a 90% collection target for plastic bottles by 2029, and it mandates that plastic bottles be made of at least 25% recycled plastic by 2025 and 30% by 2030.
Plastics Recycling Update, May 22, 2019.
Wit-woo — nice job, EU!
It’s the last Friday of the #WATWB, time to post those feel good stories. What makes you feel better than knowing there will be less plastic in the ocean now because of this EU law?
Want to join the party? Here are the guidelines for #WATWB:
1. Keep your post to Below 500 words, as much as possible.
2. Link to a human news story on your blog, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Paste in an excerpt and tell us why it touched you. The Link is important, because it actually makes us look through news to find the positive ones to post.
3. No story is too big or small, as long as it Goes Beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD badge or banner on your Post and your Sidebar. Some of you have already done so, this is just a gentle reminder for the others.
5. Help us spread the word on social media. Feel free to tweet, share using the #WATWB hastag to help us trend!
Tweets, Facebook shares, Pins and Instagram using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. We’ll try and follow and share all those who post on the #WATWB hashtag, and we encourage you to do the same.
Have your followers click here to enter their link and join us!