It’s that time again for the #WATWB, the last Friday of the month where you post a good news story (yes, I know I’m late and yes I have a good excuse — a house full of company for the weekend). This month’s story is about SDGs. For those of you who don’t know what SDGs are, they are the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals, a list of 17 categories of ways to make the world a friendlier, more sustainable, more egalitarian place.
The Trump administration doesn’t think much of them, but in a shout out to city sovereignty, “a growing number of American cities are showing that small can be big — and effective — in using the U.N’s sustainable development goals (SDGs) as a framework to monitor their own progress and shield themselves from the adverse effects of a fraying relationship between the U.S. and the U.N.”
Again, the rules:
1. Keep your post to Below 500 words, as much as possible.
2. Link to a human news story on your blog, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Paste in an excerpt and tell us why it touched you. The Link is important, because it actually makes us look through news to find the positive ones to post.
3. No story is too big or small, as long as it Goes Beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD badge or banner on your Post and your Sidebar. Some of you have already done so, this is just a gentle reminder for the others.
5. Help us spread the word on social media. Feel free to tweet, share using the #WATWB hastag to help us trend!
Tweets, Facebook shares, Pins, Instagram, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. We’ll try and follow and share all those who post on the #WATWB hashtag, and we encourage you to do the same.
Have your followers click here to enter their link and join us! Bigger the #WATWB group each month, more the joy!