We Are the World Blogfest
It’s time again for the #WATWB and what could be better talking about happiness? First let’s find out what is #WATWB?
Thinking about joining the fun. Here are the guidelines for #WATWB:
1. Keep your post to Below 500 words, as much as possible.
2. Link to a human news story on your blog, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Paste in an excerpt and tell us why it touched you. The Link is important, because it actually makes us look through news to find the positive ones to post.
3. No story is too big or small, as long as it Goes Beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD badge or banner on your Post and your Sidebar. Some of you have already done so, this is just a gentle reminder for the others.
5. Spread the word on social media. Feel free to tweet, share using the #WATWB hastag to help us trend!
Want to join. click Here to enter their link and join us! Bigger the #WATWB group each month, more the joy!
Our cohosts for this month are:
And now, on to the post!
The United Arabs Emirates (UAE) have appointed a Minister of Happiness.
HER EXCELLENCY OHOUD BINT KHALFAN AL ROUMI
What exactly is a Minister of Happiness? Well, someone who can help make society happier, of course.
The idea didn’t start with the UAE, but in 1972 with the King of the Buddhist country of Bhutan who asked that the country consider starting a “gross national happiness” (GNH) index. Bhutan determined that the nine components of happiness should be: psychological well-being, ecology, health, education, culture, living standards, time use, community vitality and good governance.” The government collected data on each and then used the information in its decision-making for the country.
What a splendid world it would be if we structured society around the concept of happiness. Perhaps we should all give it a try. I’m calling my Congressman tomorrow!